Friday, January 9, 2009

rising from ashes


one too many pizza pockets, an injured liver, burnt brain cells, missing pieces of the puzzle, tons of pictures, some drama, funny situations, and a burning bathroom...and now I'm sitting here.

I'm sorry blog, for being so uncaring and not posting anything for a little period of time. I've had a pretty hectic week filled with lots of events.

I have to say that I had tons of fun on New Years and I am partied out for an undetermined period of time... It feels so nice to be able to party and not have to worry about driving everyone safely, working the next day, or limiting myself because I have to come home where my parents will see me in an unstable state. I think it was a party well deserved for me after my year and the things I've been through. I hope 2009 brings many positive things and most importantly a lot of life lessons.

I was greeted by what you could call a not so pleasant surprise when I got home from my four day getaway. After a long week away from home, I figured a nice warm shower in my CLEAN bathroom would feel really good...I was wrong. My washroom has (or should say, had) a small convenient heater in the wall to ensure that the bathroom was nice and warm while you would shower. I turned this heater on before taking my shower and went back to doing my things. Half an hour later I heard a weird noise and my first reaction was to check the washroom...I opened the door and there was flames dancing together and growing across my bathroom walls. FLAMES!!!! Imagine facing flames after you've had a crazy week where you've barely slept and partied ridiculously. Thankfully, I did the right thing by calling 911 right away and making sure that the fire wouldn't spread. My house is fine, I'm alright and my parents are glad to know I'm alive...there are some damages, but it's better than not having a roof. If I would have waited five more minutes, according to a fireman, the kitchen would have caught on fire and the upstairs.

I think it was a sign, a sign that this year is all about appreciating what I have and living each day to its fullest. You never know when these things can happen or how quickly things can be put to an end. 2009 started out in flames, but hopefully it's like a phoenix...starting off as ashes and then turning into something strong and beautiful.

3 comments:

Nick Brygidyr said...

correction, you called ME first.

and i had to type "hoess" to write this comment =)

Melissa said...

sweety, when you told me this story i was so worried, but i'm glad it all turned out ok. and you're right; this is a sign, and i'm sure you will have a wonderful year with amazing learning experiences.

you have to stop following my blog and re-follow it because i changed the url and i'm writing entries but no one is reading them!
http://thisismrs.blogspot.com

Nick Brygidyr said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsFebKreNE0