Friday, January 30, 2009

where is my ground control...

I previously said that I see things getting back on track and expected life to look brighter in the following hours, days, weeks, or months. I was wrong...I was so terribly wrong. 2009 has only been here for a month yet it has been so terribly unkind to me. It makes me wonder if I've done anything to deserve this...I'm quite sorry if I did.

I got some terrible and harsh news earlier this week. As I previously mentioned, I got my ear pierced and it was causing a lot of pain. On Tuesday I decided that I didn't want to deal with this pain anymore so I chose to go to the clinic. After waiting 3 and a half hours (with no music or cellphone because my iPhone was dead!!!) I got called into the doctor's office. The doctor, an arrogant son of a bitch, checked out my ear and told me I had cellulitus. It's not the unattractive craters women get on their legs so this little monster could not be healed with Nivea Good Bye Cellulite cream. Cellulitus is an infection of the different layers of inner skin that is characterized by red skin, burning sensation, rapid swelling. Hearing this was already a blow to my emotional stability but to make the situation even better the doctor casually told me that I could die from this because it can turn into a meningitis. That's an infection of the membrane surrounding the brain, so you can imagine how shocked I was when I heard this.

I got home and things were not looking better. Long story short, I went to the hospital and was taken in right away. I didn't expect that I would be there for a long time, but I was wrong. After taking my piercing out, which was not enjoyable at all, I was given antibiotics through intravenous injections. I stayed two nights, two nights too many, in the hospital where I got the chance to meet a few interesting characters while I was there. Overall, my stay there was not pleasant due to the bad food, all the antibiotics I was on, the pain, the sleepless nights, the loneliness. Thankfully, I had two visitors, my mother and father, who kept me company and tried to keep my hopes up. I'm grateful to be at home with my own personal belongings that I've grown to appreciate more. I don't ever wat to be away from home like that ever again.

In all, January was a terrible month for me, hopefully all this negativity will fall behind with this month. I think I just need to set some goals and things to do for the next couple of months in order to keep myself occupied and always busy. It's time for me to hit the sack again...'till next time.

No comments: