Monday, December 29, 2008

"another year over and a new one just begun"

I just sat down for the first time ever since I got home and it feels very nice. Another week end was spent working and sleeping. Not much excitement if you ask me. On the other hand, I've been packing ever since I got home from Tremblant and a rush of excitement struck me. I am leaving tomorrow morning...leaving to Mont Saint-Anne. I'm going away for New Years for a couple of days. I think it will be nice to be away from home for a little while and to let loose...very loose.

2008 was an interesting year... a very interesting year. I've learnt a lot throughout the year and I think I've grown up quite a bit. I started the new year by losing a part of me and will never be able to get it back. Things are often painful but you learn from them and you hope that you'll be able to move on. The first half of the year was filled with ups and very very low downs. Summer was refreshing and was memorable. Late nights spent outdoors, practically living on Mount-Royal, working in Tremblant, meeting a bunch of new people. Autumn...what a beautiful season but it always brings misery. I had a very rough time and I realized some things about people and the way life works out. Obviously, I felt a need for change because life was getting mundane. I've learnt that caring about yourself sometimes is more important than caring for others. Let me tell you, it pays off. Winter is here and I hope it will bring plenty of new joyous moments in the following year. I hope I can learn as mush as I did this year and grow up some more. I've matured both mind and body by letting every little situation make me think twice. Thank you 2008 for being such a bitch at times and yet so good to me.

Happy New Year to everyone since I will not be around for a few days. I hope everyone enjoys their festivities (in a safe manner, of course!) Also, I hope 2009 will take a positive route and turn out to be a good year.

1 comment:

CHRISTINA D said...

"I've learnt that caring about yourself sometimes is more important than caring for others."

so soo true. i think we all learn the hard way.



HAPPY NEW YEAR! have fun upnorth ! :)